Clam AV is a free software application from the Antivirus Tools subcategory, part of the Security & Privacy category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2009-06-10. The program can be installed on WinXP, Windows2003, Windows Media Center Edition 2005, Windows Vista Starter, Windows Vista Home Basic, Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows Vista Business, Windows Vista Enterprise, Windows Vista Ultimate, Windows Vista Home Basic x64, Windows Vista Home Premium x64, Windows Vista Business x64, Windows Vista Enterprise x64, Windows Vista Ultimate x64.
Clam AntiVirus is an open source (GPL) anti-virus toolkit for UNIX, designed especially for e-mail scanning on mail gateways. It provides a number of utilities including a flexible and scalable multi-threaded daemon, a command line scanner and advanced tool for automatic database updates. The core of the package is an anti-virus engine available in a form of shared library. Here is a list of the main features:
- command-line scanner
- fast, multi-threaded daemon with support for on-access scanning
- milter interface for sendmail
- advanced database updater with support for scripted updates and digital signatures
- virus scanner C library
- on-access scanning (Linux® and FreeBSD®)
- virus database updated multiple times per day (see home page for total number of signatures)
- built-in support for various archive formats, including Zip, RAR, Tar, Gzip, Bzip2, OLE2, Cabinet, CHM, BinHex, SIS and others
- built-in support for almost all mail file formats
- built-in support for ELF executables and Portable Executable files compressed with UPX, FSG, Petite, NsPack, wwpack32, MEW, Upack and obfuscated with SUE, Y0da Cryptor and others.
Clam AV (version 0.96) has a file size of 25.17 MB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 287 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.